Author Topic: 2012 RESULTS THREAD  (Read 61761 times)

Offline lost episodes

• Silver
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: DC Wing T
Re: 2012 RESULTS THREAD
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »
We won 14-0 against an undefeated team a yr ago. We gave up negative yards and they had 5 plays that was positive! Our defensive set up the Offensive 2 scores. We really struggled on O BUT the Defense is scary with only 3 hrs of work!

Offline DL

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »
28-0 at beginning of 2nd quarter.   Pretty easy win.

Tough game next week. 

Offline coachmiket

• Silver
  • Coaching: Middle School
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
Trailed 8-6 at halftime but came back in the second half to win 20-8.  3-0 on the season now. 

We didn't tackle very well.  Our running game was very good.  And we made timely plays.  It was a very good, very hard fought victory.

Offline Loftdawg

• Copper
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: I Formation
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2012, 07:43:27 PM »
2-0 so far.

Game 1: 36-18
Game 2: 34-0

Offline jrk5150

• Administrator
  • Platinum
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Double Wing
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 08:59:23 PM »
0-1.  Lost 19-0.  It was worse than that.

Got one, count it, ONE first down the whole game, and it was on a great individual effort by the RB.  Blocking was AWFUL.  We had maybe 3-4 plays that were even adequate.

D played okay.  Dogs (DE's) keep crashing inside when we can least afford it.  Line got blown off the ball when it counted.  Refs gave the other team 5 downs once, that was awesome.  But overall, they played okay given they were on the field all day.

We just have a physically and mentally soft team.  It's a shame, we have a couple of players that deserve better than this crap.

Back to the drawing board.

Offline billb7581

• Copper
  • Coaching: Middle School
  • Defense: 4-4 Stack
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 10:19:10 AM »
We cant seem to block anything, and when we do get it blocked we have a bad snap Arrrrrgh....!   Lost 7-6

Defense played well but we got screwed up with MPR's and parted like the red sea at the end.

Even with all that we were winning 6-0 deep into the 3rd, on the ensuing kickoff we recovered the ball, but the ref on the completely opposite side of the field gave possession to the other team.     Also our extra point, the guy dove out and hit the pylon with the ball before landing on the ground and the same ref didnt give it to us.

I dont like to complain about officiating, but we got royally hosed.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:22:35 AM by billb7581 »

Offline Coach Kyle

• Gold
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »
Well after the loss of two of our coaches, myself included, the team lost to a very bad team 18 to 26, which is technically by two scores. It's embarrassing, and the parents seem to be staging a coup because they weren't told anything about the situation. The mismanagement of this thing has been truly sad.

Offline davecisar

• Platinum
    • Winning Youth Football Coaching Site
  • Defense: Wide Tackle 6
  • Offense: Single Wing
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »
We are 6-8 division remember and they stated they would go under HS rules as long as there was not contact. .

As long as you are not in TX or MA- the HS rule is breaking the plane- no contact required
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

Winston Churchill

Offline DL

• Platinum
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »
Well after the loss of two of our coaches, myself included, the team lost to a very bad team 18 to 26, which is technically by two scores. It's embarrassing, and the parents seem to be staging a coup because they weren't told anything about the situation. The mismanagement of this thing has been truly sad.

You left huh?    Did he ask you to go or did you finally throw up your hands.   I know you disagreed with everything he did all year.

Offline Dave Brown

• Copper
  • Offense: Single Wing
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2012, 03:48:19 PM »
As long as you are not in TX or MA- the HS rule is breaking the plane- no contact required

I am in NC, I argued it to the point where the official got hostile. I brought in a league commissioner at the half plead my case and the ref lied and said the kid was not crossing into the neutral zone. If He is lined up as a DE and jumping its impossible not to cross into the neutral zone. The ref apologized and told me his solution was not to call anything which was worse because my goal was to slow the other teams defense down.

- alas enough stuff we did not do correctly but 4 false starts (with the DE flinching and moving) on the same player no matter what i told him shows we need to do more coaching/reps.

Offline Coach Kyle

• Gold
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2012, 03:50:26 PM »
You left huh?    Did he ask you to go or did you finally throw up your hands.   I know you disagreed with everything he did all year.
Ha, no. I agreed with him on a rule. Turns out we were both wrong, and we took the fall. So I was forced to resign... with him. It was all a little mellow dramatic.

Offline DL

• Platinum
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 04:44:48 PM »
Ha, no. I agreed with him on a rule. Turns out we were both wrong, and we took the fall. So I was forced to resign... with him. It was all a little mellow dramatic.

Was this because you filmed a scrimmage?   Lame rule.   

I just noticed our league put in a bunch of monetary fines for a bunch of violations when I was looking up another rule. 

Not sure about the legality or enforceablity of all that.   We are volunteers after all and they don't have police powers.   I guess they can just ban you if you don't pay.

Not sure how I feel about it though.   First I am seeing it.

Offline CoachDavidP

• Silver
  • (Fizzlife)
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Other
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 05:18:47 PM »
Was this because you filmed a scrimmage?   Lame rule.   

I just noticed our league put in a bunch of monetary fines for a bunch of violations when I was looking up another rule. 

Not sure about the legality or enforceablity of all that.   We are volunteers after all and they don't have police powers.   I guess they can just ban you if you don't pay.

Not sure how I feel about it though.   First I am seeing it.

Our league has monetary fines for certain things, like not meeting minimum play rules and some other stuff.  But the Org. is fined, not the coaches.  But as most youth sport orgs. aren't overflowing with cash, they don't appreciate it very much.
David (Fizzlife)

Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

Offline coach.Z

• Copper
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »
First regular season game in the books, a 20 to 0 win against an over matched team.  Kids get a win and coaches get to talk about all the points/yards we left on the field due to a red zone turnover and several long play nullifying penalties.

Offline coachdoug

• Silver
  • "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." - V. Lombardi
  • Defense: Other
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 06:42:28 PM »
Game one, we won 26-12.
Game two, we won 32-18.
Game three, we won 30-8.

All three have been a little sloppy, but we're playing better each week.  We play the favorite in our league to win the championship this weekend.  Not sure we can hang with them physically, but we'll do our best.  Should be a good matchup.