Author Topic: 2012 RESULTS THREAD  (Read 61775 times)

Offline lost episodes

• Silver
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: DC Wing T
Re: 2012 RESULTS THREAD
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2012, 10:53:10 PM »
47-0 2nd game, 4 defensive TD's on 7 offensive plays! Great test this week!

Offline coachdoug

• Silver
  • "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." - V. Lombardi
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2012, 04:44:09 AM »
My team faced the favorite in our league to win the championship. We jumped out in front 16-7 in the first quarter, held a 24-14 lead at halftime, then managed to fall behind 27-24 in the 3rd quarter and into the 4th. We then scored the go ahead TD midway through the 4th qtr, held on defense then ran out the clock to win 30-27. It was thrilling victory and an exciting game for the fans to watch. My QB was 19-27 passing for 258 yards and 3 TDs and 1 pick. Good for a passer rating of 179.9. We're now 4-0. We almost gave the game away with turnovers - 3 turnovers led directly to 3 of their TDs on short fields (33, 32, and 4 yds).  Overall we out-first-downed them 19-7, and won the total yardage battle 341-131.  We had zero penalties, they had 9.  We probably should have won by mercy rules, instead we almost lost.  Exciting, fun game.  Many of my players had never beaten any team from this program, so it was a really big thrill for them.  One of the more enjoyable victories I've been a part of in a while.

Offline angalton

• Gold
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Wishbone
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2012, 08:31:31 AM »
2nd game 40-0. We have real test this weekend against team we lost to in our superbowl. Hope the kids are ready after 2 very easy games.
The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

Offline coachmiket

• Silver
  • Coaching: Middle School
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2012, 09:16:59 AM »
4-0 now after a 42-6 win.

The other guys took the ball to start the game and drove to the 3 yard line on 14 plays and over 7minutes off the clock before we finally held on 4th and goal.  Then we needed 3 plays and maybe 1 minute to go the length of the field and score.  It was pretty much over from there.  We gave up a long TD run when we subbed out our monster back and the backup didn't blitz right where the run went and then we missed a tackle or two and the kid was gone.

Other than that, it was a dominant game. Our WB got his first TD ever, and the last 5 minutes of the game we had a clock eating drive led by a kid at QB who had 30 minutes of QB practice on Thursday.  He was handing the ball off the various 5th and 6th string running backs.  Clock ran out with us on the 3 yard line.  We also lost a fumble earlier at the 14.  So 42-6 could have very well been 54-6 or slightly worse.

Every kid had their required plays in by the end of the 3rd qtr, so the 4th quarter I got to put my count sheet away and watch/coach my positions.  And we were liberally subbing on offense.  Our starting D stayed in though.  6 points was 6 too many for those guys.

On to the next one.

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »
Friday nite was our first district game, both teams were undefeated & figured to be a tough game. They came with 45 players we suited 21. We actually even had TV coverage at the game. There was 1 major difference between the 2 teams. We played much more physical then they did. Anyone who doesn't think Spread offense can be physical would have loved us Friday nite. We dominated from the first possesion & won 27-0. We did have 4 fumbles & believe me that will be addressed this week, otherwise it would have been worse for them.

Our TB had 240 yds on 23 carries, our UM commit had 145 on 22 & played some QB when we went Zone Read. I always make adjustments to my game plan during the game dependant on our opponnent & what is working. This week I made none & stuck to the script as written. They never adjusted or changed a thing.

Their coach showed a total lack of class after the game, & showed just why they lost. We lined up to shake hands, our DC & I had the front of the line, as we started across the field their HC was in front of his line & pionted at our UM commit & told him "WE SUCK". The DC & I were taken back & not sure what he said. Our player told us he said they sucked. Next in the mix up at the middle of the field, he interrupted our HC and demanded our team to write a letter to his team on to play hard. He really went off on how bad his team played. We bit our tongues (not the time or place) & let him rant. He then took his team down to our endzone( the side of the field we had used all nite for warmups & half time). He proceeded to scream at them for 15 minutes in front of parents & press. During his rant he kept telling his team we were lucky. The whole thing was totally bizzare & out of place. It was so bad 1 of his AC's walked into our office, as they left, & offered to be a volunteer coach for us. He was totally embarrassed by the whole situation.

Joe
"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"
Bill Walsh

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
We dominated from the first possesion & won 27-0.

During his rant he kept telling his team we were lucky.
Laughing at the funny Coach.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2012, 10:22:54 AM »
Dave

Last year they had a 6-5 QB who was the real deal. The QB went D1 & is being red shirted this year. I went into the game last year terrified because I knew we couldn't stop them from scoring 40. We beat them 60-36, & only had 1 real threat. He hired some AC's this year who aren't bad, got 12 8A players who are home schooled. 1 of those is a Florida 100 meters champion(this kid flies). He targeted us from the beginning of the year. I think he was the 1 who arranged the TV coverage, boy did that blow up. They showed us in 7 minute segmenton the Highlight show. That was a longer segment then any other team. Our TD with 20 seconds to go in the half is nominated for play of the week.

All of these things, & he just forgot to coach his team. We ran Zone & Power all nite. We simply gashed them. If they didn't have the 100 meter kid (he made about 12 tackles all 10+ yds down field) we would have scored a 100. We got the ball back with 5 minutes to go in 4th, I turned to my HC & said I will run this out. We drove the length of the field, had a first down at their 15 1:37 on the clock. I called coaches favorite play, informed the officials we were taking a knee. We did all the little things right. We spoke to their players after the mix up. Those kids were really upset because he was such an a$$hole.

Joe
"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"
Bill Walsh

Offline DL

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2012, 10:31:46 AM »
Dave

Last year they had a 6-5 QB who was the real deal. The QB went D1 & is being red shirted this year. I went into the game last year terrified because I knew we couldn't stop them from scoring 40. We beat them 60-36, & only had 1 real threat. He hired some AC's this year who aren't bad, got 12 8A players who are home schooled. 1 of those is a Florida 100 meters champion(this kid flies). He targeted us from the beginning of the year. I think he was the 1 who arranged the TV coverage, boy did that blow up. They showed us in 7 minute segmenton the Highlight show. That was a longer segment then any other team. Our TD with 20 seconds to go in the half is nominated for play of the week.

All of these things, & he just forgot to coach his team. We ran Zone & Power all nite. We simply gashed them. If they didn't have the 100 meter kid (he made about 12 tackles all 10+ yds down field) we would have scored a 100. We got the ball back with 5 minutes to go in 4th, I turned to my HC & said I will run this out. We drove the length of the field, had a first down at their 15 1:37 on the clock. I called coaches favorite play, informed the officials we were taking a knee. We did all the little things right. We spoke to their players after the mix up. Those kids were really upset because he was such an a$$hole.

Joe

Do you have the link?

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2012, 10:36:42 AM »
During his rant he kept telling his team we were lucky.

Yeah, lucky you didn't have him as head coach.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Popcoach11

• Copper
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2012, 10:47:38 AM »
7 & 8 year olds.....we won 42-20

rushed for 317 yds

QB 102 yds rushing 2 tds
Halfback 101 yds 3 tds
Fullback 114 yds

Qb was 9-15 for 142 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Good game....need to build off it and get ready for a crosstown rival this weekend

D needs to definitely improve this week.....our main focus

Offline coachdoug

• Silver
  • "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." - V. Lombardi
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2012, 11:03:51 AM »

rushed for 317 yds

QB 102 yds rushing 2 tds
Halfback 101 yds 3 tds
Fullback 114 yds

Good game....need to build off it and get ready for a crosstown rival this weekend

D needs to definitely improve this week.....our main focus
Good job, coach - I would love to see your kids play sometime.

Offline Bob Goodman

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2012, 11:25:42 AM »
We gave up an end run from midfield in the 1st Q.  (We hadn't practiced sideline tackling as I'd wished.)
I forgot to mention that the end run itself didn't produce the TD, but got them to about the 5, and they scored 2 downs later.

We play this team twice more this fall.

Offline OPW

• Copper
  • Defense: 6-2
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »
Good job coach......were are on the same staff and our 7 & 8 year olds have been together for 3-4 years now......good group of kids

We are doin ok so far.....Defense needs to shatpen up for sure
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:37:06 AM by OPW »

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »

With 7 & 8 year-olds?  Coach, I need to see your clinic presentation.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline jrk5150

• Administrator
  • Platinum
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Double Wing
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »
LOL - I was thinking the same thing, that's really good.  Heck, that would be great for our 9-11's.

Forgot to add to my post earlier - we got 5 different kids into the end zone between TD's (3 different backs scored the 4 TD's) and PAT's (2 different backs).